The draw has been made for Team Ireland’s boxers in Tokyo and they now know who they will fight and when.
Lisburn man Kurt Walker will fight Spain’s Quiles Brotons in the last 32.
Now aged 26, Walker took home gold at the 2019 European Games in Minsk and silver at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
The men’s featherweight event gets underway on Saturday, July 24 at 4:03 am UK time.
Michaela Walsh is set to make her first appearance at the Olympics in the last-16 of the women’s featherweight division on Monday, July 26 at 6:27 am UK time.
Walsh enters at this round after she received a bye in the last 32.
Michaela’s brother Aidan also has a bye into the last 16 and he will compete in the men’s welterweight division.
That event is will begin on Tuesday, July 25 at 3:30 am UK time.
He will be taking on on either a fighter from Cameroon or Swaziland.
The 28-year-old Belfast native won a spot at the Games through the European qualifiers.
Meanwhile, St Paul’s boxer Brendan Irvine will begin his men’s flyweight campaign against Carlo Paalam of the Philippines on Monday, July 26 at 4:03am.
Full Team Ireland boxing draw:
- Men’s featherweight: KURT WALKER v Jose Quiles Brotons (Spain), Saturday July 24, 4:03am.
- Men’s light heavyweight: EMMET BRENNAN v Dilshod Ruzmetov (Uzbekistan), Sunday July 25, 12:42pm.
- Men’s flyweight: BRENDAN IRVINE v Carlo Paalam (Philippines), Monday July 26 4:03am.
- Women’s featherweight: MICHAELA WALSH v Irma Testa (Italy)/Liudmila Vorontsova (ROC), Monday July 26, 6:27am.
- Men’s welterweight: AIDAN WALSH v Albert Mengue Ayissi (Cameroon)/Thabiso Dlamini (Swaziland), Tuesday July 27, 3:30am
- Women’s middleweight: AOIFE O’ROURKE v Qian Li (China), Wednesday July 28, 10:19am
- Women’s lightweight: KELLIE HARRINGTON v Esmerelda Reyes Falcon (Mexico)/Rebecca Nicoli (Italy), Friday July 30, 3am.