A number of cross-channel clubs have failed in late Deadline Day bids for highly-rated Linfield teenager Trai Hume.
Hume, who spent a successful loan spell with Ballymena United last season, has emerged as one of the Irish League’s hottest properties.
Scottish giants Celtic and English League One club Lincoln City were among several clubs being linked with late moves for the 19-year-old who has made 13 appearances for the Blues.
But it is understood Linfield have rebuffed a number of big money offers, thought to be in excess of £100,000, for the talented right-back.
Hume is currently on international duty after being named in John Schofield’s Northern Ireland U21 squad for forthcoming Euro qualifiers against Malta and Slovakia.
The versatile defender, who can also play at centre back, is reportedly contracted to Linfield until 2023, meaning potential suitors faced a battle to wrestle him from the Irish League champions’ grasp.
Blues boss David Healy said last month that cross-channel clubs would require deep pockets to secure Hume’s transfer ahead of the summer window closing.
Premier League club Burnley had been strongly linked with the player earlier in the summer, while Stoke City were also said to be monitoring developments.
Healy believes Hume is at the right club to progress and will be a better player in 12 months time with more Irish League experience under his belt.
Back in July, he told Belfast Live: “Trai will get more games in the Irish League this year and he’s only going to be better for it.
“Shayne Lavery played 70 or 80 games for Linfield and Gavin Whyte and Mark Sykes also played a lot of Irish League games before they joined English clubs.
“Joel Cooper is also over there now, so others have proven if you play at this level you’ll be better prepared physically and mentally to go on and play at a higher level.”
Linfield, who opened their title defence with a 2-0 win over Crusaders on Saturday, are next in action on September 11 when they travel to face Portadown in the Danske Bank Premiership.