Michelin-starred restaurant ‘reduced to ashes’ after thatched roof catches fire

Michelin-starred restaurant 'reduced to ashes' after thatched roof catches fire

A Michelin-starred restaurant has been “reduced to ashes” following a blaze in its thatched roof.

More than 40 firefighters were called to the 14th-century Star Inn at Harome near Helmsley, North Yorkshire, which has been cited as one of the best in the UK.

Its chef, Andrew Pern, wrote on Twitter: “It’s been a long night so far…. I’m afraid we won’t be open for a while as we are reduced to ashes with The Star on fire and still burning, residents please call after 9 am . Thanks [email protected]

The inn posted on its Facebook page: “We are devastated to let everyone know that there has been a fire in our restaurant and pub that has been burning throughout the night.

“Thankfully no one was hurt and our hotel Cross House Lodge is still fully operational, with food and accommodation for hotel guests. Please do bear with us as we try to navigate a way forward.

“Unfortunately our internet and phone lines are all currently down, so we are unable to answer phone and email messages at this time. Thank you for all of your messages of support, we are very grateful.”

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may also like these